A lot of people in this world are very concerned with using luxury products. Whether you’re talking about clothes, watches, purses, cars, food, or even skincare products. A lot of people really just enjoy the things that they enjoy and happen to have expensive tastes.
There are, of course, people on the other side of the spectrum that want to be sure that whatever they’re getting is going to be able to fit within their budget. If it works well and the price is right, that works out perfectly for them. As it should, the price tag doesn’t always matter.
For both of these types of people, it can be pretty difficult to determine if a product is a luxury product, regardless of the price tag. So, that’s why today we’re going to be looking at Caudalie so we can figure out if they’re a luxury brand.
In order to figure this out, we’ll have to look at things like:
- Variety of products.
By the time we’re done here, with a bit of luck, all of our readers will be able to say for sure whether or not Caudalie is a luxury brand.
We hope to help our readers determine not only if Caudalie produces luxury products, but if they’re worth the money that usually comes with a luxury product, and whether or not they turn out to be a company that produces products that could be considered to be luxurious products.
What is Luxury?
If you’ve been speaking English even for six months and understand even enough to read this article, there’s a good chance that you have an idea of what luxury is. Or at the very least, you understand the definition of the word, even if you don’t grasp the concept.
The dictionary defines luxury as being the state of great comfort and extravagant living. That can include a lot of things, but the definition also excludes some things. Let’s take a look at a few examples and determine if they’re considered luxury goods or not to help us further understand:
- Rolls-Royce Phantom
- This car is considered to be comfortable and is designed to be as comfortable as possible.
- Most modern Rolls-Royce cars have umbrella holders in the doors, which is very luxurious.
- It gets 12 mpg in the city and 20 on the highway, which is very extravagant.
- The 2022 base model of this car costs $500k.
- This is a luxury vehicle.
- 1997 Toyota Corolla
- Many people consider the 1997 Toyota Corolla to be somewhat comfortable, depending on how long you sit in it.
- Built to last, not to look pretty.
- Sometimes you can find them with radios that still work.
- Usually no more than $2,000
- This is not a luxury vehicle.
- Guess (American clothing brand)
- Clothing made by Guess is designed to be as comfortable as possible.
- Many people considered Guess clothing to be very fashionable.
- Clothing made by Guess is about the same price that you’d expect to pay for clothing made by Levi’s.
- This brand is not luxury.
- Gucci (Italian clothing brand.)
- Many people consider Gucci to make incredibly comfortable clothing.
- People that wear Gucci are considered to be very fashionable.
- A pair of regular slide sandals made by Gucci costs $400
- This band is considered a luxury.
- A Yacht
- Yachts are usually bigger than a lot of people’s houses.
- Many people consider yachts to be very spacious and comfortable, most even having a kitchen built-in.
- The price of a yacht starts at around $500,000 and only goes up from there.
- Jeff Bezos recently purchased a yacht for $500,000,000 that was 13-stories tall.
- Yachts are luxury items.
- Life Rafts
- Life rafts are not built for comfort, but for function.
- Most life rafts do not contain anything other than the bare minimum to make them function as life rafts.
- You can get a life raft for as little as $1,000
- A life raft is not considered a luxury item.
With these observations, we can determine a couple of characteristics of a luxury item, no matter what kind of item it might be. A luxury item is:
- Usually expensive.
- Built with aesthetics in mind.
What Kind of Products does Caudalie Make?
Alright, now that we’ve established what luxury products are, now let’s take a look at the kind of products that Caudalie makes so that we can get a better understanding of if they would be considered a luxury brand or not.
Caudalie, in case you didn’t know, makes skincare products. A lot of their products are made using grade seed extract, which is rich in anti-oxidants. They even have a cute little origin story that took place in the 90s, it’s on the website if you want to read it.
They make a vast array of skincare products for all sorts of people with all sorts of:
- Skin types.
- Skin conditions.
- Ingredient sensitivities.
- Levels of sensitive skin.
- Skincare routine goals.
They do this in hopes that they will be able to help as many people as possible with their skincare products.
Their most popular product by a mile is simple a grape seed extract hydrating spray. It’s pretty much exactly what it sounds like, you spray your face with it and it helps hydrate your skin. It also delivers a good deal of nutrients into your skin, which makes it a solid product.
They make all sorts of products for all sorts of different things though. Here’s a list of categories of products they make:
- Shower gel.
- Eye and Lip Care.
- Toners and Mists.
- Night treatments.
- Facial oils.
- Hand care.
- Foot care.
- Body treatments.
- Dry skin treatments.
- Oily skin treatments.
- Combination skin treatments.
With all of these categories, you’d have a hard time finding something that didn’t work for your needs, and that’s intentional. By making a wide variety of products, they open the door for more people to be able to use their products.
Most people claim that these products work very well, which is a point in the “luxury” box for Caudalie as a company. Their products typically smell very good and are able to provide you with a high level of comfort, which makes things look like they might end up being a luxury brand.
That being said, we’ve only looked at a single criterion for whether or not they’d be considered a luxury brand or not, and the cost of their products makes a difference. If comfort was all that matters, then Crocs would be considered luxury shoes and we all know that that’s not the case.
The Price of Caudalie Products
The price of a product is another incredibly important factor for determining whether or not it would be considered a luxury product. Something comfortable that isn’t pricey usually isn’t considered to be a luxury product, no matter how nice it might be.
So, how much does Caudalie charge for the products that it puts on the market? Before we move on, what do you think the price is? Take a guess before we actually get to the reveal, it makes this a much more fun task for everyone.
Do you have your guess? Are you ready for the real answer? It might surprise you, but it actually depends on which product you get and which of their lines the product comes from. They offer many lines with different price points, and many different products that cost different amounts.
For example, their Grape Water Moisturizing Spray only comes out to $18 before shipping and tax. That’s really not too bad for 200 ml of a product that can do a very good job at keeping your skin moisturized while also providing a host of nutrients that your skin might not have gotten otherwise.
On the other hand, if you wanted to get something from their Premier Cru line you’d be looking to spend a bit more money. The Anti-Aging Hydrating Face Serum is $129, and for that price, you get 30 ml of product. That’s a lot more expensive per milliliter than the previous product.
So, what’s the final verdict? Well, it depends on which product you get. You can get products from Caudalie that would definitely be considered a luxury, and some products that have the quality of a luxury product without having the price of a luxury product.
Taking Exquisite Care of Your Skin
Whether you’re someone that only wants to drink the fanciest champagne that the Champagne Valley of France has to offer or you’re someone that’s fine with the sparkling wine that your local grocery store has to offer, you deserve a luxurious skincare routine.
Finding a good balance no matter your budget is important, and knowing which brands have the potential to give you a luxury experience without the luxury price tag can drastically change your skincare routine forever, regardless of what your skincare goals might happen to be. You’ve got a lot of really good options for skincare brands that provide high-quality products at a price anyone could afford.